COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
With the new developments of COVID-19, and government recommendations, it is important that we are proactive in safeguarding our clients, staff and local community from further spread of the virus.
For this reason, on Monday 30 March 2020, JMR Lawyers and Mediators will begin operating remotely offsite. Although our office doors will be closed, we are still busy working on your matters and are available by telephone and email.
We are still here to assist all current and new clients. You and your families are important to us and we are still here to help in any way we can.
Please take note of the following changes being implemented:-
- Our office will be closed to the public, with all appointments to be conducted by telephone.
- Where a client needs to come into the office to sign documents, these visits will be strictly by appointment and strict social distancing measures will be put in place.
- Email will be used whenever possible. Please email email@example.com with your queries.
- All phone calls can be made as normal to our phone number (07) 3841 4309 and we are still accepting new matters, including Legal Aid applications.
- Court appearances will in most cases also be conducted by telephone in accordance with protocols established by each Court.
- All our staff are set up with access to files, emails and phones whilst working out of the office.
IMPORTANTLY, we can and will remain open throughout any closures or lock downs that the government puts into place but please be patient with our new process and the lack of face to face availability of our Staff. Remember that this is to protect us all.
Based in Rochedale, on Brisbane’s southside, JMR Lawyers & Mediators is a private law firm that focuses on resolutions, not hours billed.
We tailor our legal representation to suit each individual client, after gaining an understanding of our client’s unique needs and desired outcomes.
We pride ourselves on our high quality service and on offering our clients responsive, competent and excellent service.
What to Look for When You Hire a Lawyer in South Brisbane
Hiring a lawyer in South Brisbane can be a challenging and daunting prospect. On the one hand, there are no shortage of law firms in the area. On the other hand, finding the firm that upholds your values, provides the legal services you need, that is experienced and reputable, and that will give you the empathetic and focused customer service you deserve is easier said than done. At JMR Lawyers & Mediators, we pride ourselves on being the kind of southside lawyers that you want in your corner.
What Sets JMR Lawyers & Mediators Apart Regarding Family Law in Brisbane Southside
Our primary focus as a law firm is on the area of family law in Brisbane Southside. We regularly work with clients to help them navigate the treacherous and emotionally trying battleground of separation and divorce. When clients choose us for our family law services, they do so in part because of the following characteristics, all of which help set us apart from other firms:
- Our empathy. More than any other sector of the legal profession, we believe that family law requires great care, understanding and empathy. No matter how amicable, the breakdown of a marriage can be a heartbreaking thing to behold. Situations where children are involved are even more complicated. We recognise the fiercely emotional factors of this process and strive to be extremely empathetic in our work with our clients.
- Our size. The biggest criticism of large law firms from past clients is that they felt more like a number than a person. That’s not a sensation you will have with us. We are a small firm that stresses attentive legal service. We tailor our legal services to suit the specific requirements of our clients and focus on providing consistent communication and support throughout the case.
- Our payment flexibility. Some clients are worried about the cost of hiring a South Brisbane lawyer. Certainly, legal services can be expensive. We try to be flexible with our payment options to make sure we are affordable to the clients who require our services. Our initial hour-long consultations are priced at a reduced rate, and we work with clients to negotiate payment plans or even deferred payment options, depending on their needs.
Related Services We Provide to Family Lawyers in Brisbane Southside
While we are proud to be family lawyers in Brisbane Southside, family law is not our only area of legal focus. We also offer legal assistance in several other areas of practice, including:
- Criminal law
- Traffic law
- Domestic violence
- Wills and estates
- Mediation for disputes
If you are interested in learning more about any of these areas of practice, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.
Benefits of Working with JMR Lawyers & Mediators
Whether you are working through a divorce or trying to settle a contentious dispute with an employer, you might wonder what specific benefits you can expect from choosing JMR Lawyers & Mediators as your Rochedale law firm. Here are a few specific benefits from working with our team:
- Our mediators have high success rates. Mediation, when conducted by an experienced third-party professional, can be a cost-effective and fast way of resolving disputes before they escalate into all-out legal battles. Our law firm includes mediation professionals who have tracked a 90 percent success rate handling a wide variety of disputes.
- We are flexible with our services. If you do decide to try mediation, you’ll receive a flexible service designed to be convenient for you and other involved parties. We can travel to a site of your choosing to conduct mediations, or we can host them at our own facilities, in a secure environment where neither party needs to interact directly with the other. Whatever works for you works for us.
- We always strive for resolution. A motto we always like to repeat is that our firm is focused on resolutions, not hours billed. Our focus, especially in family law matters, is to help our clients resolve their disputes in the most cost-effective way possible. We know how damaging and expensive lengthy legal battles can be. In those situations, no one wins—except for maybe the lawyers. We are focused on your best interests, hence our emphasis on mediation and resolution.
What You Can Expect from Your First Consultation with a JMR Lawyers & Mediators in Rochedale
If you aren’t sure where to start with your legal matter, a good first step is to schedule a consultation with a JMR Lawyers & Mediators in Rochedale. Here’s what to expect from that first visit:
- You’ll meet our team. We are proud to boast a very skilled Rochedale lawyers and legal assistance team. You will meet a lawyer and get a feel of the firm. It’s important to feel comfortable with whomever you choose to represent your legal interests and establishing that rapport and trust is a big part of the initial consultation.
- We’ll talk through your matter. We want to know all the details you can share about your matter. If you are getting divorced, we’ll ask about where you are on that timeline, in terms of being separated from your spouse, as well as about the factors or events that may have led to the breakdown of the marriage. If you are facing a criminal charge, we’ll want to know about the circumstances around the alleged crime. This first meeting is our opportunity to get a sense of your situation and plot the next steps, whether that’s mediation, representation in court or something else.
- We’ll share initial advice. The timeline of a one-hour consultation with our Rochedale solicitor team will always conclude with some basic legal advice about your situation. In most cases, we can learn enough about a client’s matter in that hour to identify the necessary next steps. From there, we can discuss billing and future meetings or services.
Tips to Prepare for Your First Meeting with a JMR Lawyers & Mediators in South Brisbane
If you are interested in working with us as your lawyer in Brisbane Southside, we encourage you to schedule that first consultation today. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Bring relevant documents. Any documents or paperwork you have concerning your case or legal matter are essential for us to see as early as possible. Bring these documents to our law firm in Rochedale for your initial consultation meeting.
- Bring your notes. Ahead of your consultation, take an hour or so to jot down some notes about your legal matter. Your notes should include two main sections. The top half should outline your legal matter, including any relevant dates, people or events, and the second half should be any questions you have for our lawyers. Getting all this information organised ahead of time will lead to a more productive meeting session.
- Be ready to be honest. If you choose to make us your lawyer in Rochedale, we are on your team. Anything you tell us is protected by lawyer-client privilege and is safe with us. Being as honest as possible in your first consultation is crucial, as it will give us the information we need to provide you with the help you deserve.
About JMR Lawyers & Mediators
JMR Lawyers & Mediators has been operating for 14 years. We were previously known as Logan Legal Centre but changed our name about 2 years ago. Our goal is to be trusted leaders in matters of family law, mediation, criminal law, traffic law, domestic violence and wills/estates. To speak with a member of our team, contact us today.
How can we help you?