Wills & Estates
Wills & Enduring Power of Attorney
Do you need a Will or need to re-draft your Will and or an Enduring Power of Attorney? At JMR Lawyers and Mediators we can help you with this.
Your family, your friends and the causes dear to your heart are important. That’s why it is crucial you prepare a legal Will and strongly advise that you do not use a DIY Will Kit. The need for a Will is most important if you want your wishes carried out.
Powers of Attorneys can be as important documents as Wills. Powers of Attorneys allow nominated person or persons to perform various functions on your behalf. Such functions could include dealing with your finances or health matters if you are incapacitated or simply making decisions on your behalf in your absence.
Due to uncertainties of life we recommend you don’t delay is making a Will or changing a current Will and making Powers of Attorneys to meet your wishes.
You should review your Will and Power of Attorney regularly to make sure that your current needs and wishes and met.
We offer competitive prices for Wills and Enduring Power of Attorneys and can draft these documents the same day in most cases. If you are over 60 years of age we ask that you obtain a Letter of Capacity from your treating medical practitioner to confirm you have capacity to enter into a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney.
Have you lost a loved one and don’t know how to deal with their estate. This is a very difficult period and an emotional one for most concerned. At JMR Lawyers and Mediators we can assist you with this. Whether you need to transfer a property upon the death of a loved one, or need to apply for a grant of probate from the Supreme Court to be able to give effect to a Will, we can assist you with your estate needs. We are able to assist an Executor to look after the administration of an Estate and alleviate further stress and pressure on the Executor during this difficult and emotional time. We offer reduced rate consults. Please contact our office to discuss our competitive prices and to schedule an initial consultation for advice and guidance.
Create Clear Documents with a Wills and Estate Lawyer in Brisbane
When most people consider a will an estate lawyer in Brisbane, they’re usually doing so after having received a wakeup call. Whether it’s a medical scare, an accident, or someone close to them has passed, they’ll contact us to discuss their options. We develop long-term relationships with our clients to protect their interests and their families.
Benefits of a Wills and Estate Lawyer in Logan
There are several essential functions that a Logan wills and estate lawyer can perform:
- Creating and updating trusts so that your assets may be handled according to your wishes when you’re unable to manage them yourself. We can help you with Enduring Powers of Attorneys so that your family knows what to do in the event of a medical emergency.
- When we draft wills, they clearly establish our clients’ interests and intentions. We’ll walk you through the process of determining an executor and distributing assets so that you can eliminate confusion and reduce the stress your family feels in an already-difficult time.
- We can review your assets and anticipated estate to determine the best way to protect its value. In some cases, the government may seize a share of your estate for taxes or other claims, so our skills with estate law can create the legal protections your family needs to preserve as much of those assets as is possible.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Wills
Considering the subject, it’s no surprise that many people make errors regarding establishing wills:
- Some people wait too long and miss the opportunity. No one knows what tomorrow brings, so if something unfortunate happens and you aren’t prepared, it’s already too late to start the process. You spend your life taking care of your family, so work with someone who can extend that protection should the unexpected happen.
- Alternatively, some people think that they can create a will on their own and expect it to stand up legally in court. Unfortunately, the law is complicated regarding this subject, and someone may bring a legal challenge against your will. It’s essential that you have a wills and estate lawyer in Rochedale draft your will so that it can withstand scrutiny.
- Another common error that people make regarding wills is neglecting them when something changes significantly in your life. For example, when you buy or sell a home, have a grandchild, or experience a significant change in financial status, you should update your will.
If you work with a trained and educated lawyer, then you can avoid the common pitfalls that affect too many unprepared people.
About JMR Lawyers & Mediators
We’re a talented legal team that works cohesively for your benefit. Our team has helped many families establish wills and plan their estates so that they can better protect against what the future brings. No matter how large or modest your assets, it’s essential that your family have clear instructions regarding what should happen after your passing. Through a well-written will, you can give them certainty and security at the time when they need it most. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation regarding our wills and estate services.