Criminal & Traffic Law
Are you facing criminal or traffic charges and don’t know what to do? At JMR Lawyers and Mediators we can help you.
Being charged with a criminal offence can be a daunting time in your life, whether it be a minor charge like assault or major charges such as trafficking or manslaughter. At JMR Lawyers and Mediators we have the experience to see you through this difficult time in your life. We can guide you through the processes, offering comprehensive advice and representation.
We offer experienced legal representation for both criminal and traffic matters whether you need representation for a Plea of Guilty or need representation for a Trial. We can assist you in your time of need.
Let Us Be Your Criminal Lawyers in Brisbane
If you need criminal lawyers in Brisbane, there is no better option than the professionals at JMR Lawyers & Mediators. Our team consists of talented lawyers that have over a decade of experience in a multitude of different fields, including criminal law.
The Importance of Criminal Lawyers in Rochedale
There are numerous benefits of retaining one of our criminal lawyers in Rochedale. A few reasons why you should always have representation if you are facing criminal charges include:
- Protection of civil rights: When charged with a crime, it is natural to feel overwhelmed by the situation. It’s important to remember that during the course of the investigation, law enforcement officials are still held to a high standard of operating in such a way that doesn’t violate your civil rights. Working with a lawyer ensures that your rights are protected.
- Explain the consequences: You can always count on our team to defend you every step of the way; however, we can never guarantee that there may not be some consequences for criminal actions. We provide you with a complete explanation of what you can expect throughout your case, so there are no surprises.
- Getting the right facts: Our team works diligently to build a strong defence for your case. Obtaining the right facts and evidence is a vital part of our approach. We work with you and utilise all our resources to ensure the best possible outcome.
The History of Criminal Lawyers in Logan
Criminal lawyers have played an important role throughout history. Here are some interesting facts about lawyers:
- An ancient profession: In Ancient Greece and Rome, a lawyer was known as a “friend” that would plead a case on your behalf. The Roman Emperor Claudius was the first ruler to formally recognise being a lawyer as a profession and allow lawyers to collect a fee for their work. The job of being a lawyer quickly evolved and ancient societies created their own version of testing a proposed lawyer to ensure that the person could live up to the standards of practising law.
- The Dark Ages: Practising law was unheard-of during the Dark Ages. During a time of extreme sickness and poverty, very few people had the money to pay for a lawyer to help them with anything.
- A religious influence: Lawyers grew in importance again toward the beginning of the 1200s with the development of canon law. As the role of a lawyer continued to develop over the next several centuries, different branches of the law began to form, including family law, criminal law and civil law.
Why Trust JMR Lawyers & Mediators as Criminal Lawyers in Rochedale
The JMR Lawyers & Mediators team understand the stress associated with criminal cases. We take a personal approach to each case with the understanding that every matter is different. Our team are always available to answer your questions throughout your case to ensure you are comfortable at every step.
Contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our criminal lawyers in Rochedale.